You can buy a lot of my work online from the Steve Jackson Games store, mostly but not solely in electronic form.
My contribution to RPG Fandom: information on upcoming British RPG Conventions. Also, I have a file of various people's advice on the art of organising them (preserved from a Usenet discussion years ago, and doubtless seriously dated now).
The objective of these pages is (mostly) to provide a few amusing or useful links for RPG'ers. I'm not going to try to explain what RPGs are -- if you've come this far, you probably know already. If not -- jump in and browse around. When last I looked, the CAR-PGa had a good brief page attempting a definition, but generally, learning by doing is best.
Stuff of Mine and About Me on the 'Web
- The best summary of my personal history in the RPG industry is probably this interview which I gave to Victorian Adventure Enthusiast. More recently, I was interviewed by Roger and Mike of Improvised Radio Theatre - With Dice, so if you want to know what I sound like, that's the place to go.
- I have separate pages relating to my specific professional RPG writing work.
- I keep logs of a couple of my campaigns on the 'Web: my "Gloriana" campaign is on this site, while my "Europe on Mars" Transhuman Space game has a Blogspot blog.
- I've put some of my old PCs online.
- If anyone wants to know what I sound like, there's an audio interview with me at RPGMP3, dating back to UK Games Expo in 2008.
- I put some of my older work up on the 'Web as and when I find the time. For example:
- With my permission, RPG.Net have put up an article of mine on the "philosophy" of horror RPGs (originally written for the late lamented Interactive Fantasy).
- Steve Jackson Games' server has accessible Designers' Notes articles for a number of my books, including the GURPS supplements Arabian Nights, Atlantis, Banestorm, Castle Falkenstein, Castle Falkenstein: The Ottoman Empire, Dragons, Places of Mystery, Transhuman Space: Changing Times, Transhuman Space: Personnel Files, Who's Who 1, Who's Who 2, The Discworld Roleplaying Game (1st edition) and the associated GURPS Discworld Also, and the Hellboy Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game.
- Some brief Designer's Notes for another of my short projects, GURPS Thaumatology: Alchemical Baroque, appeared somewhere, but they were significantly cut from my draft version. So I've put the full version up on this site.
- A couple of books I worked on for White Wolf had material cut. (Happens. I often overwrite.) Here's some of the "lost" stuff:
- One of my online exercises in short fiction, Hagia Sophia, actually arose out of an abortive RPG project of mine. I've filed off some of the serial numbers for this presentation, but fans of the relevant game should recognise the source. (It's also available in Portuguese.)
Transhuman Space stuff
Transhuman Space is a wonderful near-future, techno-optimistic hard SF setting from Steve Jackson Games. (Okay, yes, I'm the line editor.) Here are some useful or amusing resources for the game, from a variety of sources:
Go to my main page.